New Cypress College students are invited to attend Cypress College’s 5th Annual New Student Welcome Night. The event takes place on Friday, August 22, 2014 and is intended to help students become familiar with the campus prior to the start of fall classes.
Check-in for the event begins at 3 p.m., and the program starts promptly at 4 p.m. in the Campus Theater.
Students participating in New Student Welcome Night will have the opportunity to learn more about the campus, meet faculty, staff, fellow students, and administrators. There will also be an opportunity to tie up loose ends before the semester begins.
New Student Welcome Night
Friday, August 22, 2014
4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Attention New Cypress College Chargers!
Faculty, staff, and administrators will be available to provide information, answer questions, and welcome you to Cypress College. Your New Student Welcome Night experience will include:
- Learning more about our programs and student services
- “Meet and Greet” Department Faculty and Staff
- Guided tours of our beautiful campus (so you don’t look lost on the first day of school)
- Refreshments sponsored by Associated Students (A.S.)
- Opportunity to pay fees*, take/pick up Cypress College Student ID, Purchase last minute school supplies/textbooks*, meet other new students and/or student leaders
*Students paying for optional fee items (parking, A.S. Benefits, Student ID) after August 10, 2014 will be required to pick up these items in the Student Center – Line B. Avoid long lines and pick up these items as well as textbooks and school supplies in the Bookstore prior to the start of the Fall term.
3:00 p.m. — Check-In
4:00 p.m. — Welcome New Chargers (No Late Arrivals, Please)
- Dr. Robert Simpson, President
- Jocelyn Zaragoza, Associated Students President
- Dr. Richard Rams, Dean, Student Support Services & Interim Dean, Physical Education and Athletics
4:45 p.m. — Open House Hosted by Instructional Deans
- Overview of Instructional Programs & Careers
- Hosted Tour of your Interest Area
- Preview of Facilities and Programs
5:30 p.m. — Student Services Resource Tables, Refreshments & “Tie Up Loose Ends”
- Student ID & A.S. Benefits Sticker
- Parking Permit
List of Items to Bring:
- Schedule Bill (Receipt of registered classes)
- Photo I.D. (Driver’s License, CA State I.D., or Passport)
If you have any questions, please contact: Yongmi Han
Tel (714) 484-7050 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org