The Great California ShakeOut — Fall 2015 Emergency Drill
Cypress College is participating in the Great California ShakeOut on Thursday, October 15, 2015. All members of the campus community will participate in the drill.
Two drills will be held, one at 10:15 a.m. and the second at 7:30 p.m. Nearly 10 million people statewide will participate in the morning drill. There will be no alarm to start the drill. An earthquake video will be synchronized for the campus to watch simultaneously shortly at the times list above. After watching the video, and reviewing the talking points, all buildings are to be evacuated.
- ShakeOut drill information, talking points, instructions, and maps
- Orange County Department of Education Emergency Preparedness Information
- Disaster Service Worker Information from OC Department of Education [View]
Text Alerts and Emergency Notifications
Students are encouraged to utilize MyGateway to update their personal information for text alert messaging in the event of an emergency. Students must provide their personal information in myGateway to receive these text notifications.
Follow these steps to verify that your cell phone and email address are entered and current:
- Sign into MyGateway.
- Go to the “Personal Information” channel under the “Student” tab.
- Click on the item “Set Text Message Alert Preferences.”
- When clicking on “Set Text Message Alert Preferences,” the next screen will allow you to enter your cell phone information, the cellular service provider, the level of messages you wish to receive and the campus or campuses you want to be notified about.
- After entering your information, click on the “Submit” button.
Our experience has proven Twitter to be a reliable method of emergency communication. In addition to asking you to sign up for text messages (see above), please help out by signing up to follow the college on Twitter. You can do so by visiting http://twitter.com/CypressCollege and clicking on the “follow” button.
Spring 2016 Emergency Drill
Thursday March 10, 2016 is the date calendared for an emergency drill in spring. Please mark your calendar.