On Saturday, February 10, 2018 Cypress College will hold its 43rd annual Americana Awards, sponsored by Union Bank. In addition to honoring a Man or Woman of the Year, the College will pay tribute to a deserving individual or couple as Citizen(s) of the Year from: La Palma, Los Alamitos/Rossmoor, Seal Beach, Stanton, Anaheim, Buena Park, Cypress and Garden Grove.
Please consider nominating an individual or a couple for this prestigious award.
Criteria for Nomination:
- Lives, works or serves in the city in which he/she is nominated;
- Is well-known, highly regarded and has remained active in the community for the past five years;
- Will attract participation and help ensure the event’s success (proceeds benefit students);
- Has made significant contributions of service to their community;
- Is available to attend the Americana Awards on February 10, 2018;
- Is not holding or running for office as an elected official.
Note: Nominees remain active for consideration by committees for three years. Nominations for 2018 Citizens of the Year are due by August 1, 2017. Click here to download the nomination form.
Selection Process – City Committees select a nominee and submit the name to the Americana Steering Committee for ratification.
For more information call 714-484-7126; or email email@example.com.