Cypress College 50th Anniversary Festival and Reunion
Please join us to celebrate Cypress College’s 50th Anniversary at our Festival and Reunion on Saturday, April 1, 2017. A series of events — including athletics and the theater — are on the schedule with the festival and reunion taking place at the pond from noon to 4 p.m. Alumni, retired faculty, current employees, students, and friends of the college will participate. The day also features a duck pond race — just like back in the day. Food trucks, a car show, and activities for kids are also scheduled. College activities include division and department presentations, a faculty emeritus panel, memorabilia, and historical displays.
- Date: April 1, 2017
- Time: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Location: Cypress College, at the Pond
Anniversary Festival & Reunion Activities
- Car Show
- Art Gallery Open
- Division Hubs
- Library LLRC — 50 Years of Cypress College
- Tours of 19 Displays
- Food Court
- Cypress College Alumni Connection
- Astronomy Telescopes
- Kids Zone
- In Memoriam
- Photo Booth
- 12 p.m.: DJ (featuring music from the ’60s!), Check-in, Tour Sign-ups
- 12:25 p.m.: Welcome by Cypress College President Dr. Bob Simpson
- 12:30 p.m.: Performance of America the Beautiful
- 12:35 p.m.: Poetry reading by Pat O’Brien (located on the first floor of SEM)
- 12:40 p.m.: Baseball Honors Pregame Ceremonies
- 1 p.m.: Retiree Panel, Dance Performance: Latin: “Alas” (“Wings”)
- 1:20 p.m.: Dance Performance: Arab Folk (Dabke): “Badde Shoufak” (“Want to See You”)
- 1:30 p.m.: Duck Pond Race Preview
- 2 p.m.: Alumni Panel, Dance Performance: Bollywood: Featuring Executive V.P. Dr. Banyopadhyay
- 2:20 p.m.: Dance Performance: African: Choreography by Steve Rosa
- 2:35 p.m.: Dance Performance: Disco
- 3 p.m.: Duck Pond Race (featuring students, faculty, staff, retirees, and alumni)
- 3:30 p.m.: Car Show Awards
- 3:45 p.m.: Dance Performance: Folklorico: Relampago del Cielo Grupo Sponsored by the Puente Program
- 4 p.m.: Festival & Reunion Ends
*Dance performances choreographed by Maha Afra and performed at the Stage Area.
Be sure to join us in the evening for an anniversary performance of FOLLIES! The show starts at 8 p.m., followed by an after-show reception at 10:30 p.m.
Parking for the event is free. Lots 1, 8, and 9 are closest to the pond.
Cypress College’s upcoming anniversary is an opportunity for members of the community to connect with those who founded Cypress College and the many alumni and faculty who have been part of the campus’ history through the years.
For more information, please contact the Foundation Office at (714) 484-7127 or foundation@CypressCollege.edu. Better yet, please provide your information below and we’ll keep in touch.
Alumni are invited to re-connect on our alumni-specific Facebook page and at alumni mixers, which are held on a recurring basis. More information is on Facebook or available by contacting the Foundation.